39: Taking a Break, Intervening Early, and The Importance of Thinking Twice with Robbin Miller, LMHC, mother with ADHD of an adopted child with ADHD
In today’s episode, we’re talking to Robbin Miller. Robbin is a mother with ADHD of a child with ADHD. She’s also a licensed mental health clinician, a college academic coach, and the author of a children’s book about early intervention playgroups.
We talk about early markers for ADHD, the steps Robbin has been taking to support her son ever since he was an infant, and the challenges she helps her college students with.
I’ll be a part of the 9th Annual Online ADHD Awareness Expo taking place throughout the month of October. My topic - "3 Ways to Communicate with Your ADHD Child Besides Talking"!
Register at https://www.adhdexpo.com/adhdessentials to let them know I sent you.
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- Robbin’s journey in adopting her son
- Early intervention Playgroups
- Markers for ADHD
- Robbin’s experience with ADHD testing
- How Robbin supports her son
- Setting rewards and limits
- Household responsibilities
- The importance of thinking twice
- Tips for College
- “It has to be on their terms”
- Robbin’s book, “Playgroup Time”
- ADHD, Emotions, and taking a break
- Robbin’s book: “Playgroup Time” on Amazon.
ADHD Essentials Links:
- Learn about & Register for The ADHD Essentials Online Parent Coaching Groups
- ADHD Essentials Homepage
- Contact Brendan at brendan@ADHDessentials.com
- Join Our Facebook Community