43: Managing Self-Sabotaging Thoughts, Positive Psychology, and Upward Spirals of Emotion with Mindy Katz, ADHD Coach, Social Worker, and Parent with ADHD of Adult Kids with ADHD
Today, we’re talking to Mindy Katz.
When Mindy learned that she and her daughter had ADHD, it led to her becoming an ADHD coach, and eventually a Social Worker. She’s a big proponent of positive psychology, and developing resiliency in our kids.
In today’s episode, we talk about how to manage our sabotaging thoughts, upward spirals of emotion, and the power of curiosity.
Alright, let’s get rolling.
- Go tohttps://www.adhdrewired.com/events/ for details about the monthly Q&A with Eric Tivers.
- Learn about The ADHD Essentials Online Parent Coaching Groups!
- Or register at https://www.adhdessentials.com/sign-up/.
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- Being calendar challenged
- Why no two people with ADHD have the same challenges
- Managing self-sabotaging thoughts
- Positive Psychology
- Growth vs. Fixed Mindset
- Valuing the process more than the results
- How perfectionism undermines our efforts
- Upward Spirals of Emotion
- Positive Paper Chains
- How hard it is to talk about what’s going well
- Using curiosity to celebrate good news
- Kids want to succeed. If they aren’t, something is wrong with the process
- Coach training & social work
- Going back to work as a grey-haired adult
- Alan Brown’s See-Saw Visual
- Mindy’s Website: http://mindyschwartzkatz.com
ADHD Essentials Links:
- Learn about & Register for The ADHD Essentials Online Parent Coaching Groups
- ADHD Essentials Homepage
- Contact Brendan at brendan@ADHDessentials.com
- Join Our Facebook Community