Today, we’re talking to Sarah Chayette. Sarah is a pediatric neurologist, and an expert in both ADHD and Autism. She is the co-author of two books on ADHD, and her blog 1-2-3 ADHD is featured in Psychology Today.
In Today’s Episode, Sarah and I discuss ADHD and the nervous system. And then shift into the intersection of ADHD and Autism. We talk about their similarities and differences, the challenges with diagnosis, why kids with ADHD and autism might both miss social cues, but miss them for different reasons, the roles anxiety and sensory challenges play in both disorders, and why symptoms matter more than diagnosis.
- Learn more about Sarah and her work at https://sarahcheyette.com
- Read her blog at https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/1-2-3-adhd
ADHD Essentials Links:
- Contact Brendan about booking a workshop for your organization
- Join Our Facebook Community
- Learn about & Register for the The ADHD Essentials Online Parent Coaching Groups
- Check out the ADHD Essentials Homepage
- Contact Brendan at brendan@ADHDessentials.com