In today’s episode, we’re talking to Dr. Randy Kulman. Dr. Kulman is the founder and president of LearningWorks for Kids. He coordinates their team of psychologists, educators, and digital designers in a quest to make video games good for kids. As a licensed clinical child psychologist, Dr. Kulman has been working directly with kids and families for the past 30 years, and has become a leading expert on the use of digital technologies for improving thinking skills in children.
In this episode, Dr. Kulman joins us to discuss all things screen time. We explore screen time as play time and what makes a healthy play diet, the difference between neurotypical and neurodiverse screen use, how screens can teach executive functioning skills, the various types of screen time and why not all of them equal, what makes games good for kids, how tech companies have worked to make screen time irresistible, and five rules for limiting screen time.
- Learn more about Dr. Kulman and his work at https://learningworksforkids.com.
- Learn how to work with Dr. Kulman at https://southcountychildandfamily.com.
- Find Dr. Kulman's books here.
ADHD Essentials Links:
- Learn about & Register for the The ADHD Essentials Online Parent Coaching Groups
- Join Our Facebook Community
- Check out the ADHD Essentials Homepage
- Contact Brendan at brendan@ADHDessentials.com
ADHD reWired Podcast Network Plugs: