The ADHD Effect on Marriage Relationships with Melissa Orlov, ADHD Expert, Marriage Consultant, and Author
Today, we’re talking to Melissa Orlov. Melissa is a marriage consultant, specializing in helping ADHD-affected couples rebalance their relationships. She is a cum laude graduate of Harvard College and an award winning author of The ADHD Effect on Marriage and The Couple's Guide to Thriving with ADHD.
In Today’s Episode, Melissa and I talk about ADHD in family relationships. We discuss how status within the relationship affects ADHD marriages, why the parent-child dynamic doesn’t work, why it happens, and how to get out of it. We also discuss Melissa’s three legged conceptual model for ADHD treatment, the power of verbal cues and silos, ADHD as a reward deficiency syndrome - meaning punishment just isn’t an effective way to parent our kids, and why knowledge is power when it comes to ADHD.
- Learn more about Melissa's work at https://www.adhdmarriage.com
ADHD Rewired Podcast Network Plugs:
Learn about & Register for the The ADHD Essentials Online Parent Coaching Groups
ADHD Essentials Links:
- Contact Brendan about booking a workshop for your organization
- Join Our Facebook Community
- Learn about & Register for the The ADHD Essentials Online Parent Coaching Groups
- Check out the ADHD Essentials Homepage
- Contact Brendan at brendan@ADHDessentials.com