The Power of Cooperative Games and Reducing Variables with Bruce Sabian, M.A., LMHC of Academy MetroWest
Today, we’re talking to Bruce Sabian, M.A., LMHC. Bruce is the co-founder, owner, director, and clinical supervisor of Academy MetroWest in Natick, Massachusetts. The Academy MetroWest team runs weekly social skills groups, and Bruce, himself, provides individual counseling and executive functioning coaching services to children, adolescents, and young adults.
In Today’s Episode, Bruce and I talk about how his usual hands-on, in person work at Academy Metro West has changed since things went virtual, and the ways he and his staff are supporting the kids they work with. We discuss how reducing competition can make it easier for kids to receive feedback, the power of cooperative games and where to find them online, why virtual schooling has made things easier for some kids by reducing variables, and the challenges of changing family dynamics.
- Learn more about Bruce and Academy MetroWest at http://academymetrowest.com.
ADHD Rewired Podcast Network Plugs:
Learn about & Register for the The ADHD Essentials Online Parent Coaching Groups
ADHD Essentials Links:
- Contact Brendan about booking a workshop for your organization
- Join Our Facebook Community
- Learn about & Register for the The ADHD Essentials Online Parent Coaching Groups
- Check out the ADHD Essentials Homepage
- Contact Brendan at brendan@ADHDessentials.com