Out of Loss Can Come Gain Post Traumatic Growth in a Time of Crisis with Richard Tedeschi, Ph.D., Distinguished Chair of Boulder Crest Institute for Posttraumatic Growth, Bluemont, VA
Today, we’re talking to Richard Tedeschi. Richard originated the concept of posttraumatic growth with his colleague Lawrence Calhoun during their years at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. More recently, he has been applying the posttraumatic growth concept in the development of innovative programs for combat veterans and first responders. The success of which is leading to their implementation at a number of venues across the country. His new book about the growth experiences of military families is Transformed by Trauma: Stories of Posttraumatic Growth (2020).
In Today’s Episode, Dr. Tedeschi talks to us about trauma, PTSD, and Post traumatic growth as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic. We discuss how getting clear on our beliefs can help us more effectively navigate this crisis, the importance of taking action for our mental health - especially actions that help others, and how parents can help their kids better handle difficult and challenging times.
Find Dr. Teschi's books:
- Transformed by Trauma: Stories of Posttraumatic Growth (2020)
- The Posttraumatic Growth Workbook (2016)
ADHD Rewired Podcast Network Plugs:
Learn about & Register for the The ADHD Essentials Online Parent Coaching Groups
ADHD Essentials Links:
- Contact Brendan about booking a workshop for your organization
- Join Our Facebook Community
- Learn about & Register for the The ADHD Essentials Online Parent Coaching Groups
- Check out the ADHD Essentials Homepage
- Contact Brendan at brendan@ADHDessentials.com